--- John Hebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Doug Riddle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > LibraNet has no policy concerning giving away their
> > latest and
> > greatest.  I asked to be polite and cover us.  The
> > problem is getting
> > a copy of the latest and greatest - you have to buy
> > it before you can
> > copy it.  The copy we have in our library is 2.0r2,
> > which is not yet
> > available for download.  It will be in a week or
> > two, because they
> > are coming out with 2.7r2.  I will buy that and
> > donate copies.  Jon,
> > who is LibraNet for our purposes, thought we have a
> > great idea and
> > wishes us luck.  I have his email saying so in my
> > folder on this
> > project.
>
> Cool. Kudos to LibraNet.
>
> > RedHat did not restrict free copies of the software
> > in the past.  I
> > do suggest we ask first or use the public copies.
>
> Agreed. Only common courtesy.
> > They too come out
> > with updates so frequently that I can't see they
> > would have a
> > problem, but M$ does own part of RedHat now.
>
> Now this needs confirmation. Ahem,... WTF?

Old news - 1999/2000 MS pumped some money into RedHat.  It was part
of their early campain against the DOJ anti-trust suit.  I have not
heard they ever asked for their money back...

> > I suggest we ask the distributors before we put them
> > in the project.
> > It is a good chance to ask for freebies to give away
> > too.
>
> Yes, let's be civilized. :)
>
> John Hebert

=====
Warmest Regards,
Doug Riddle
http://www.dougriddle.com

## Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the
Peoples' Liberty Teeth." - George Washington ##