--------------410E17F6B2F3B4DD58D21D33

I know of at least one department at LSU that would stand to benefit
from the donations of computers and computer related equipment.

Bob

John Hebert wrote:

> Byron,
>
> You may be interested to know that the CCCC Linux SIG
> has started a project to recycle old PCs with Linux
> and other free|OSS for individuals/organizations with
> a demonstrated need.
>
> John Hebert
>
> --- Byron Como <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Heh, Heh. Yesterday I pulled a fully functional P200
> > out of my neighbor's garbage. 98megs of ram, 3gig
> > hd, cd (flaky or maybe just I'm flaky), creative
> > soundblaster, a really excellent 3com 3c900 combo.
> > It booted right up into Windows 2000 Professional.
> > This is now my top-of-the line computer. How sad. I
> > also picked up a junker off the side of the road
> > which only yielded some spare parts. If yall see
> > stuff like this it couldn't hurt to at least give it
> > a cursory once over. As more and more computers are
> > upgraded better systems than this will just be
> > thrown away. Don't assume that if its in the garbage
> > it is completely ruined.
> >
> > Byron

Robert Leche
System Administrator
Louisiana State University - Southern Regional Climate Center
260 Howe-Russell Building
Baton Rouge, La. 70803
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
225 578 5023

--------------410E17F6B2F3B4DD58D21D33

I know of at least one department at LSU that would stand to benefit from
the donations of computers and computer related equipment.

<pre>--&nbsp;
Robert Leche
System Administrator
Louisiana State University - Southern Regional Climate Center
260 Howe-Russell Building
Baton Rouge, La. 70803
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
225 578 5023