I only used ext2 for /boot, and that's only because I noticed that
Fedora 6's installer did that, using LVM for the rest. Much rather the
journaling of ext3.

My main reason for going with LVM was for drive spanning. In fact, one
of my main reasons for moving away from NAS Lite was drive spanning,
plus security, ability to run other servers, among other things. I
guess I could do software RAID0.

Oh, and Will, I tried running the default Ubuntu 7.04 server install
last night using standard guided partitioning (no LVM) only on hda,
and it does the same thing. I have no options in the BIOS config for
ACPI or APM. Hell, I'm surprised they gave me boot order, piece of
crap machine.

Joe