Okay, guys, bear with me because I've never messed with anything like
this before.

I'd like to set up a server that will process user logins and map
network drives to user folders on the server. I know Windows can do
it, but surely we can do something like this with Linux, right?

I'd want it to process logins from Windows and Linux users. (I'm
saying 'users' like it's all big and bad, when in reality, I'm talking
about three or four users--this is for home.)

Like I said, I have no experience and no nothing about how something
like this would work.

Thanks.

Joe