Joe Fruchey wrote:
> I meant that I wanted Windows and Linux users to both be able to log
> in. How do I accomplish that?

OpenLDAP, generally.  A possible way to go about this is to install and
configure OpenLDAP as a network service.  Then, on the Linux machines
you want to use for this, you use the pam_ldap module to make PAM do
authentication using LDAP.  Samba also can look to LDAP for
authentication information.  And, of course as was said before, the
Windows boxes can look to Samba for their authentication needs.

There's a bunch of documentation around the Internet, and plenty enough
installing and configuring to get your feet soaking wet :-)

Thanks,
Kevin