I met a teacher while at Garden District Coffee with a rooted Nook. He couldn't have been more pleased with it. Nice bit of kit that.

On 8/22/2011 4:22 PM, Richards Jr, Edward C. wrote:
I bought a Nook Color back in January and immediately rooted and romed it. I am
running a Honeycomb port on the internal flash memory and CyanogenMod from the SD
card. The Nook was by far the best bang for the buck Android tablet until HP
started dumping the TouchPad. I use mine every day for a wide variety of things
from reading books from Amazon and B&  N to running engineering programs and
everything in between. It is a pretty awesome device but I am eager to get my hands
on the TouchPad.

Ed

        -----Original Message-----
        From: general-boun...@brlug.net on behalf of Minos Ponville
        Sent: Mon 8/22/2011 1:48 PM
        To: general@brlug.net
        Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Anybody buying a Touchpad?

        My brother-in-law bought one for personal use and in his route sales
        business, but he returned it because available software was lacking.  He
        bought a Color Nook for personal reading use and is looking into buying
        Nook2Android microSD card for it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20080674-251/nook2android-turns-nook-in
        to-full-android-tablet/

        http://www.n2acards.com/purchase-n2a-cards/