Who are you kidding? You still had those business ISDN lines well after it
stopped being cool.

I remember having eatel dialup in livingston parish almost 10 years ago, and
them helping me try to get it working on my linux box.  Nice guys all
around.
On Aug 18, 2011 10:06 AM, "Edmund Cramp" <e...@motion-labs.com> wrote:
> Let's face it, COX does not want any competition because otherwise COX
would have to start offering competitive rates.

> As for the "build-out" clause - I can see the reason for it, essentially
it's social engineering but I think a better way of encouraging universal
service would be to simply tax the service areas differently - this would
give all of the companies an incentive to support the less densely populated
areas. Otherwise "build-out" becomes a monopoly for COX preventing smaller
businesses from entering the market.

> Does anyone remember the maneuvering when the Lafayette decided to offer
internet service locally? Both COX and AT&T fought tooth and nail to stop
them.

> As a business I was with EAtel when they did service Baton Rouge and they
were a pleasure to work with - this is back in the days when ISDN was cool -
and they knew how to provision a line in one visit. I've love to give them a
try again. I don't like monopolies.