In the future, once the data is restores, I recommend Crashplan. Been using
them for a year now and so far so good. I need to test more restores, but
the few files I did try were ok. $5/month to backup unlimited data is a
pretty sweet deal.
Also, their client is neat. I'm currently backing up my Mother-in-laws and
my mothers computers directly to mine, with the crashplan client, over the
internet.
And my wife's laptop at home also backs up to my desktop. I don't send
their data to crashplan, but at least I have a second copy. Mostly just
pictures.

bb

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Karthik Poobal <kart...@poobal.net> wrote:

> Looking for a profession Data Recovery service around BR or NO area. The
> info is for a student at LSU. Apparently, some very critical data was
> stored on a external drive and the drive is clicking and it's not readable.
> It's the usual story. No backup and months of work probably lost.
>
> Any service recommendations or experiences?
>
> --
> Karthik Poobal
> Louisiana Board of Regents
> Office of Sponsored Programs