Hey Julian,

I think that the DB project would be a good home for SQLLine. DB already has a SQL REPL tool called ij, which can be deployed against any JDBC database. The ij REPL tool is part of the Derby toolset: https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.15/tools/ctoolsij34525.html There could be some interesting cross-pollination between SQLLine and ij.

Craig Russell hangs out at the DB project. He has a wealth of experience incubating projects and can probably help guide you through the process.

You probably already know much more about the Apache incubator than I do, given your stewardship of Calcite. At first blush, it sounds as though you need to sort out some IP issues and attract a couple more active contributors in order to pass the incubator hurdles.

I don't know what you need from DB at this point. Maybe Craig can weigh in.

Welcome and a big +1 to folding SQLLine into Apache DB.

Cheers,
-Rick