Hi Florent,

based on document http://developer.marklogic.com/pubs/4.1/apidocs/AccessorBuiltins.html#fn :base-uri

base-uri() returns xs:anyURI.

and in documetn http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-base-uri

it also returns xs:anyURI.

Maybe I missed something in this problem, I checked the query with "/." at the end of the query, it returns node type, I feel that I just cannot put this kind of function like fn:base-uri() at the end of xpath using "/" operator. And I don't know where I get wrong. I'm testing more and I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks,
Helen