Hello Community,

Had a vacation last week, splitting time between Gettysburg and Virginia Beach.
I'm a history buff, but my wife & daughters definitely preferred the beach! Now
for some updates on what the community has been up to over the last month.

Community Projects
The space of community-driven projects for bootstrapping and deploying
MarkLogic projects is expanding. Besides the Roxy
Deployer<https://github.com/marklogic/roxy>, Rob Rudin has
ml-app-deployer<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-app-deployer> as a Java and
MarkLogic Management API-based project. His
ml-gradle<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-gradle> project accesses that
functionality through Gradle, a Java-based task runner. Check out the GitHub
projects to contribute or try them out. There's also an early-stage project
that uses Node.js and the Management API to provide the same functionality for
the Node world. I'll talk about that when it gets a little further along; in
the meantime let me know if you're interested in this project.

Here's a fun one: Phil Barber put together a survey tool built on MarkLogic,
called QuestionLemur. https://github.com/BillFarber/QuestionLemur

DMC
As techies get to work on MarkLogic, they typically need to pick up some new
skills. Two new posts on the blog this month explore what people figured out as
they got started. Susan Lee offers some tips for those new to
JSON<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/FirstJSONDoc>, while Gabo Manuel looks
at some common missteps for those coming to MarkLogic with a relational
database
background<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/group-by-the-marklogic-way>.

Learning
Check out the new "XML and JSON Data Modeling Best Practices" On Demand
course<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/> from MarkLogic University!

Enjoy the rest of your summer (for those in the northern hemisphere)!

Dave.

--
Dave Cassel<http://davidcassel.net>, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>
Technical Community Manager