On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Adam Jack wrote:

> > Question for a gump newbi.
> >
> > As the fog clears - you would anticipate a fog factor approaching zero.
>
> Maybe it should, a boundary value is more comparable.
>
> >   In the context of gump - is zero fog a good thing?  Summary - I don't
> > understand the fog factor index - can anyone explain it or point me to
> > relevant documentation?
>
> For today, quite the reverse. The larger the better.

I think part of the problem is that people think of "fog" as that murky
stuff that nobody likes, instead of "FOG" as Friend Of Gump. If it was
clear that it's a "friendship index", I don't think there would be a need
to invert the sense, because a higher friendship index sounds better than
a low one. ;-)

My 2 cents...

--
Martin Cooper