== Getting some clarity into a clouded issue... ==

The amount of debate I've seen about the fog factor by far outweighs the amount of debate about other stuff that's probably more important. It seems to be a controversial issue (or it could be a bikeshed argument, but I don't believe it is).

As to Nick's argument, I'll assert that we don't know what exactly it is that FOG measures. Which would be required before improving things.

We can't even measure whether FOG is "causing more harm than good". But we can measure that it is controversial (because there's lots of talk about it).

I think it's best if gump is not too controversial, so I agree with Stefano that we should disable fog factoring (or publishing of it at least) for now.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons