Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

Should we run gump every 6 hours on brutus?

Some thoughts I've had...

Since we have dedicated cycles, why not do it as soon as the last one stops?
What about doing N with --optimise (only build what has changed) and the
Nth+1 a full one?

BTW: Have a separate 'check metadata' loop (that doesn't build just checks)
might be nice for folks committing descriptor changes.

I've not written the code (ok, I did, but I ripped it out -- it was inside
the engine, not outside) but how about an external script that runs gumpy.py
as above [which does CVS update of self in there]?

My recommendation is that we first figure out how often we want to nag, and work backwards from that.

- Sam Ruby