"Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It does not seem easier to use than simply outputting SVG as text strings.

I'm starting to agree with you, but as I get started w/ SVG (the 700 page
spec is too much to consume in one sitting, and I certainly won't print it)
it is nice to have some guidance/samples/framework. If I become an SVG pro I
can remove/replace.

> > I'd like to start simple (perhaps generate some slider type images to
show
> > FOG values, etc.) Eventually I'd like to draw some graphs representing
> > dependency tress, etc.
>
> For charts I'm getting there. I've finished importing the xml system in
> JCharts and I'm now working on integrating it in Forrest :-)

Cool, then I'll avoid charts. I've done simple 'scales icons' (green = %
success, red = % fail/prereq) and I'm learning. My goal is a dependency tree
diagram annotated with details, and I have a plan that I think will allow me
to achieve that. I want to draw the dependency tree for a project, with
color/thickness depecting FOG up the stack, and such.

This is a lot of fun, the first real extension I've found time to do.

Let me know if you need anything from me, for your charting.

BTW: Are you as comfortable charting from XML as from SQL/RDBMS? If we move
to that, does it help you?

regards,