On 2010-09-13, sebb wrote:

> On 13 September 2010 03:36, Bill Barker <billwbar...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> I thought you had a login account on vmgump.  But anyway:

> I did have on the previous incarnation.

> If I have one on the current Gump it's not working for me.

Do you want one?

>>> Is it possible that the test phase is picking up the wrong collections
>>> jar somehow?

>> The project commons-collections4 isn't doing an 'install' target, so
>> shouldn't be overwriting commons-collections.  However the
>> commons-digester build log shows:

>> Downloading:
>> http://localhost:8192/maven2/commons-collections/commons-collections/2.0/commons-collections-2.0.jar

Even if commons-collections4 builds before digester, mvn will not
download it but commons-collections built from the 3.x branch because
collections4 uses org.apache.commons as groupId.

>>> Is there a way to show the classpath used by Surefire?

>> Don't know enough about M2 to answer this one.

FWIU CLASSPATH is completely irrelevant for Surefire.  Surefire uses
what you specify inside your POM, that's it.

This also means you can add/remove whatever you want to/from the
dependencies of any mvn project, it doesn't make any difference.  The
only thing that matters is build order.