On Nov 17, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Jakob Homan wrote:

> > It's also ready to run on MapReduce and HDFS but we won't turn it on until
> > these projects build and test cleanly.  Looks like both these projects
> > currently have test failures.
>
> Assuming the projects are compiling and building, is there a reason to not
> turn it on despite the test failures? Hudson is invaluable to developers who
> then don't have to run the tests and test-patch themselves.  We didn't turn
> Hudson off when it was working previously and there were known failures.  I
> think one of the reasons we have more failing tests now is the higher cost of
> doing Hudson's work (not a great excuse I know).  This is particularly true
> now because several of the failing tests involve tests timing out, making the
> whole testing regime even longer.

Every single patch would get a -1 and need investigation.  Currently, that
would be about 83 investigations between MR and HDFS issues that are in patch
available state.  Shouldn't we focus on getting these tests fixed or removed/?
Also, I need to get MAPREDUCE-2172 fixed (applies to HDFS as well) before I
turn this on.

Cheers,
Nige