On May 2, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

Some technical concerns seem reasonable. Regarding that:

From: Stack <st...@duboce.net>
How hard would it be to get the patches Tom lists below into
branch-0.20-security-203?  I'd think it'd be an easier
sell if it were a superset of all in 0.20, especially since it
bears its name.

This suggestion makes a lot of sense. In addition, filing JIRAs for and posting the diffs of the remaining differences could help the process as well, and would be good faith actions of an active contributor.

Agreed, I'm starting the effort to ensure the differences from 0.20.2 are resolved.

From my msg on this thread to common-dev@:

# Remaining for 0.20.203
 * HADOOP-5611
 * HADOOP-5612
 * HADOOP-5623
 * HDFS-596
 * HDFS-723
 * HDFS-732
 * HDFS-579
 * MAPREDUCE-1070
 * HADOOP-6315
 * MAPREDUCE-1163

Suresh has kindly agreed to help me, appreciate help from others - particularly on the 0.20.3 changes.

thanks,
Arun