I think we still need to incorporate the patches currently checked
into branch 0.20.  For example, Owen identified a major bug
(BooleanWritable's comparator is broken) and filed a jira
(HADOOP-6928) to put it in branch-0.20, where I reviewed it and
checked it in, so this bug would be fixed in the next stable release.
However this change is not in branch-0.20-security-203. Unless we put
the delta from branch-0.20 into this release, it is missing important
bug fixes that will cause it to regress against 20.3 (if it ever is
released).

I am also nervous about changes like the one identified by
HADOOP-7255. It looks like this change caused a significant regression
in TestDFSIO throughput. It changes the core Task class, the commit
log is a single line, and as far as I can tell it was not discussed or
reviewed by anyone in the community. Don't changes like this at least
deserve a jira before we release them?

Thanks,
Eli