On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Arun C Murthy <a...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> On May 4, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze wrote:
>
>  The list seems highly inaccurate.  Checked the first few N/A items.  All
>> are
>> false positives.
>>

> Also,  can you please provide a list on features which are not related to
> gridmix benchmarks or herriot tests?

Here are a few I quickly pulled up:
MAPREDUCE-2316 (docs for improved capacity scheduler)
MAPREDUCE-2355 (adds new config for heartbeat dampening in MR)

"   BZ-4182948. Add statistics logging to Fred for better visibility into
startup time costs. (Matt Foley)"
- I believe I saw a note from Matt on the JIRA yesterday about this feature,
where he decided that the version done in 203 wasn't a good approach, and
it's done differently in trunk (not sure if done yet).

MAPREDUCE-2364 (important bug fix for localization)
- in fact most of localization is different in this branch compared to trunk
due to inclusion of MAPREDUCE-2378, the trunk version of which is still on
the "yahoo-merge" branch,.

"New cunters for FileInput/OutputFormat. New Counter
        MAP_OUTPUT_MATERIALZIED_BYTES. Related bugs: 4241034, 3418543,
4217546"
- not sure which JIRA this is, I think I've seen a JIRA for trunk, but not
committed.

- MAPREDUCE-1904, committed without JIRA as:
"        . Reducing new Path(), RawFileStatus() creation overhead in
LocalDirAllocator"
not in trunk

+    BZ4101537 .  When a queue is built without any access rights we explain
the
+    problem.  (dking, rvw ramach)  [attachment of 2010-11-24]
seems to be on trunk as MR-2411, but not committed, best I can tell, despite
the JIRA there being resolved (based on looking at QueueManager in trunk)

"        . Remove unnecessary reference to user configuration from
TaskDistributedCacheManager causing memory leaks"
Not in trunk, not sure which JIRA it might be.. probably part of 2178.

Major new feature: MAPREDUCE-323 - very large rework of how job history
files are managed
Major change: MAPREDUCE-1100/MAPREDUCE-1176: unresolved on trunk, though
probably will be attacked by different JIRAs
Major new ops-visible feature: "metrics2" system
Major new ops-visible feature: MAPREDUCE-291 job history can be viewed from
a separate server
Major new set of user-visible configurations: MAPREDUCE-1943 and friends
which implement new limits in MapReduce (eg MAPREDUCE-1872 as well)

I have code to work on, so I won't keep going, but this is from looking at
the last couple months of 203.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon