Hi all,

Just an update from the HBase side: I've run some cluster tests on
HDFS 0.23 (as of about a month ago) and it generally works well.
Performance for some workloads is ~2x due to HDFS-941, and can be
improved a bit more if I finish HDFS-2080 in time. I did not do
extensive failure testing (to stress the new append/sync code) but I
do plan to do that in the coming months.

HBase trunk can compile against 0.23 by using -Dhadoop23 on the maven
build. Currently some 15 or so tests are failing - the following HBase
JIRA tracks those issues:

(these may be indicative of HDFS side bugs)

Any help there from the community would be appreciated!

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera