If trunk releases would then mean 2.x.x then the branch 1x.x ( 0.20.06.0
being 1.6.0) makes total sense

+1 (not binding)

so the current trunk release = 2.0.0 and the branch release 0.20.206.0 =
1.6.0

speaking from those of us that have < 4,000 nodes in our cluster and want
to proliferate the technology

- one love, Hadoop

not sure though about Todd's comment on HBase & Hive and how sister/brother
projects have to deal with it.  This should be important to not orphan them
more than maybe already has been done (cough cough, append).

--

/*
Joe Stein