I agree with Konstantin. In previous discussion, I had suggested
simultaneous renumbering, but for some reason it was not considered.

(For history buffs: I upgraded from Windows 1.0 to Windows 3.1 straight.
Windows 2.0 did not have many features that made it compelling to upgrade.
It did not seem odd to skip a number then, and I don't see why it would
now. I also skipped Windows Vista and upgraded from XP to Windows 7, even
if Vista was touted as a major release.)

- Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Chief Architect, Greenplum Labs, Data Computing Division, EMC
+1-650-523-3858 (W)
+1-408-666-8483 (M)