Hey Arun,

One more thing on the rc tarball: the source artifact doesn't appear
to be an exact svn export, based on a diff. For example, it includes
the README, NOTICE, and LICENSE files, as well as a few other things
which appear to be build artifacts (eg
hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/downloads,
hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/test_edit_log, etc).

It seems like we _should_ have the various README style files, but we
shouldn't have the test artifacts in our source release.

In order to get our source release to match svn, perhaps we should
move NOTICE, README, LICENSE, etc to the top level of our svn repo,
such that a pure svn export would be a releaseable source artifact?

-Todd