On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<shv.had...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not everybody who is voting now provided context in the discussion thread.
> You did. And I am sorry I did not understand it.

I'll try to be clearer.

It's unnecessary for you to ask permission to roll a release
containing (or omitting) the features you want. This vote is redundant
with the release vote; it's an unnecessary formalism in our bylaws. If
you want to release 2.0.5 with the features you want and assemble
other community members to help stabilize it in a 2.0.x series...
great. Do that. If the release vote passes and others want to add more
features, then they can roll a new series in 2.1. If the vote on your
artifact fails, then forward your "stability" agenda directly by
reviewing and contributing code. If a set of contributors wants to
support your agenda then they'll work on it, but if the developers
aren't there then neither is the project.

Again, we don't- we can't- assign work by voting. This is a poll, and
a feckless one.

I voted -1 because I find voting on an agenda that Arun will implement
absurd, particularly when he disagrees with it. The result is
meaningless, but losing this "vote" would at least conclude these
debates.

> Formally, bylaws void only vetos with no explanations.
> So I agree it is not required in this vote as there are no vetos.
> Wouldn't it be good to know though.

Agreed, but this thread is absorbing that discussion because it hadn't
reached consensus, or anything close to it. If consensus proves
impossible and you still feel it's worth pressing the point, then
create a branch, roll a release, and we'll vote on that artifact as
coherent with the direction of the project. You don't need to ask for
anyone's blessing, but you do need to convince others of your
position. With that in mind, you may reconsider whether peers' code
"destructive", "destabilizing" "junk" forwards your agenda most
effectively. -C