Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
Hi!

Please go to
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFProposalPages
and create a *nice* proposal at first.

Good Sample:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ProposalForJUDDI
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JaxMeProposal

Then, you can seek the *nice* ( = appropriate) top level
project in apache.org, and ask them whether they (that projects'
PMC members) will accept your proposal or not.
# TIPS: If your project would like to become TLP directly, there
# could be many other things to be done.

There will be more things to be done. You can ask here, I guess.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Maybe, you can post your message directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     dev list. In that case, you do not have to undergo the
     incubation process, I guess.

Tetsuya-san,

Yes, I've already gone through the Xindice group and am on all their
mailing lists. In a private conversation with Brian Behlendorf, he
suggested I take it to the Incubator, since it uses an org.apache.xnode.*
package name, not org.apache.xindice.xnode.*. This is because the project
is useful to Xindice but may have wider application, hence it *may* be a
top level project (though it is quite a small API, like SAX).

Thanks very much for your suggestions about the proposals -- this is
precisely what I was looking for, some prototypes.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK                    .

  "I have been telling my friends about Net Detective. I have also
   been snooping on my friends, and they don't even know it. I found
   out how much alimony and child support my next door neighbor gets,
   and that my neighbor across the street has some big credit problems.
   This is AWESOME!!!" -- Marianne Clewiston, Elmira, NY