On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:27:52 +0200
Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have no idea of the organisational rationale behind the desire for more
> TLP's. Personally I have serious doubts that it is a good decision: AFAIK
> any TLP is sending his chair to the board, and I do not believe, that a
> board of hundred people is better to manage than now. Likewise, I do not
> believe that a discussion between hundred TLP's will succeed faster than
> between ten. But that's your side.

> However, if you really think there is reason for more TLP's, *please*
> consider to keep a reasonable hierarchy for those silly users like me.

I thought the same thing. Now I think the ASF is suffering the
balkanization of the projects into small islands (maybe
the name "jakarta" has implied these kind of things ... )

For example, how about the formation of "Java Liaison Council"
"XML Liaison Council" in the ASF? ...
Purpose: interchange of personnel, technologies and knowledges
         among the top level projects
         which graduated from jakarta or xml tlp, themselves and
         related projects ...

Also, now I am trying to keep the "fresh" news from various projects
in the asf @ the top page of jakarta project. "Jakarta" = "Java Portal
Site @ the ASF" might be reasonable and make sense from my point
of view.

I have the same worries as yours, however, I hope things will
become better than yesterday. If you have any other *nice*
opinions/ideas, please let us know.

Sincerely,

__ Tetsuya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> __