OK, based on everything I've read from this and a few of the
other threads on this list, which I've just caught up to (I
picked a bad weekend to attend a wedding that took me off email
;-), I am going to propose to the other XMLBeans folks that we
do the following:

1. Create a build of a cvs snapshot and name the file:
"incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0.zip" (Ted's more serious suggestion
than the one below, although that one made me smile more).

2. Edit the README.txt file to include a paragraph explaining
that this build is a snapshot of an incubated project that is
not yet officially endorsed by the ASF.

3. Add a note to the XMLBeans project web site making sure the
incubation status is clear.

Unless there are other suggestions, I'm going to assume this is
a reasonable process to follow for an incubated project, which
needs to make binaries available in order to help build a
community.

Cliff