On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 00:01, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > Migration is not built into Jira.  The XML export is for backup, not
> > > migration.  I hacked a migration of the database, but we ran into
> > > some problems.  Jeff, who works for Atlassian, asked if he could
> > > take over the migration so that they could debug it.  So we're waiting
> > > while Jeff finishes whatever he's doing related to migration.
>
> > Why don't you just take our entire install with a real database dump and
> > delete what you don't want. I'm sure with a little consultation with the
> > other projects they probably wouldn't mind.
>
> > Then you can have the whole self-contained beast up and running, who
> > cares about the migration just delete what's non-apache and go from
> > there. It's MySQL on both ends so probably not that big a deal.
>
> What do you think Bob and I did?  I wrote a SQL script to massage the raw
> data from codehaus.

I thought you were trying to use the XML dumps from JIRA.

> Had that done the night you were asking on
> infrastructure that we leave Maven on codehaus because you didn't want to
> move at the time.

Because no one gave me a heads up until after the fact which annoyed me
greatly. There are actually questions you chose not to answer which I
asked you directly when the situation arose i.e. that you thought it
within the purview of infrastructure to move Maven issues simply because
Maven is an Apache project without having to consult the people involved
in the project.

If it makes it easier just take our install wholus bolus with an
unmassaged dump and I'm sure you can remove what's necessary when you're
done. But I didn't realize you were using the raw SQL, I thought you
were using the xml import/export thing.

> When tested all of the features, we found problems in the migration, which
> Jeff wanted to look into.  One of his comments was that Jira probably did
> not like a raw database migration because of some of its other quirks.  He
> was going to do the same thing to the XML format that I had done to the SQL
> format, and try to import that way.  I believe that the reason we haven't
> heard much from him is because he got Bob's permission to take a copy of the
> codehaus dump to a test machine at Atlassian, which is where he is working
> on migration rather than on nagoya.
>
>       --- Noel

jvz.

Jason van Zyl