On 08 Jul 2004, at 20:48, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

I'm quite confident that a good portion of the inhabitants
of this list doesn't care much about who is going to "win"
this flamefest.

+1

There is a sense in which a general discussion on community building
techniques and communication skills is worthwhile. I've suggested to Nicola
Ken that he start work on a web page to cover ideals, techniques and
scenarios. He has agreed that it is something he would like to do, and to
which others would contribute. Discussion on that would be appropriate
here, in my opinion, so long as it maintains the proper academic and
cordial decorum. Another venue could be community@, again with the same
caveat.

I figure your suggestion and the assumedly planned work can't have anything to do with what is happening here. I hate rules-making for community dynamics as much as anyone, but if it needs to happen (and I'm not sure it does), I'd like it to grow naturally rather than being commissioned. But I'd rather review what becomes available, and thank the person who initially got the ball rolling.

But that is not what we are talking about ATM... I see two persons bringing bad vibes into the wrong places. That will reflect badly upon both of them. What I was trying to suggest is that those persons try and find a solution amongst themselves. I feel like the audience for a play I rejected a ticket for. If the audience leaves, I wonder how many of the actors would stay on stage. The funniest things happen when people take themselves too seriously.

(I'm a few hours away from going on holidays, so bear my poetic tendencies ATM.)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org