Excellent news! Thank to Sun folk and Geir for picking up the ball on this one.

Note: once the papers are in the Hallowed Halls, I presume that Neeraj will get some consensus from xml-commons, xalan-dev, and xerces-j-dev as to how to actually check this in? I'm presuming you have someone with commit access to xml-commons, which is the pre-existing home for JAXP. (Although incubator should check the legal issues, I don't think the code needs to checkin thru there).

But I know Xerces and Xalan may have specific dependencies on xml-commons code, so we probably need to branch to allow current versions to work as-is and let them plan new versions with 1.3 support.

- Shane

Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
xml-common, xerces & xalan communities,

I have learnt that legal issues regarding donation has been resolved and latest version of CCLA has been signed.
So would like to make the actual code grant of JAXP 1.3 APIs + implementation ASAP. I will start the preparation
today and will be back with actual code grant with in 2 days.

Best Regards,

- Neeraj