Hi,

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:26 -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >>
> >> I thought we were trying to figure out how we can work the *mailing
> >> list* so that your concerns were met.
> >
> > No, I agree with others that having different ways to handle
> > contributions depending on how they were submitted is confusing.
>
> Then what do you propose?

Be a little subversive and just make MIT/X the policy for all new work
submitted to harmony since that seems the only thing we can agree on.
Seeing some of the debates I think the dual licensing GPL/ASL ideas
won't really fly. MIT/X gets us going for now. And I don't believe any
harmony contributor has a problem with it.

>   Having our codebase in SVN under anything
> but the Apache License is going to be a non-starter.

Yeah, it would be a shame if we had to move the SVN repository to
somewhere else. Maybe we should just hope we keep harmony bug free till
the ASF and FSF board come to an agreement how to handle the
incompatibility. It looks like it won't be that hard since everybody now
at least sees what the subtle issues with the patent termination clause
are and they seem to be actually talking. Creative legal thinking seems
to be popular with geeks so lets hope for the best.

Cheers,

Mark