Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> >IMHO it would be better to ask pmc'er to vote not for a passive sponsorship
> >but an active promise to commit resources to provide oversight for the
> >podling.
>
> When asked to vote for a new podling on the WS PMC, I never understood a
> +1 to mean something different?

Yes, i reckon that you are onto something there, Robert.

In my book, a +1 vote means "yes i want it to happen
and i will help to make it happen". Otherwise vote +0
to mean "i don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with it".

Reading between the lines of the definitions at
seems to support that.

I have never helped mentor a project, but imagine
that it would hard without more old-hands helping
to lead the way for the community and procedural
side of things.

-David