Ross Gardler wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Fair drawback, since I doubt that if one edits the HTML in SVN directly,
> > that Confluence would be able to pick up the changes.  OTOH, isn't this
> > how Cocoon is doing their docs now, albeit with Daisy?

> Daisy does not write to SVN so the only way to edit the docs are via the
> web interface. It does provide version control, with diffs etc. but, we
> (Forrest) decided that the lack of off-line editing is a real problem.

Both of those can be issues.  The SVN one was raised by me in late October
regarding Cocoon's use of Daisy.  The thread was "Re: Official source
content in CMS other than CVS/SVN?" on the infrastructure list.  I might
restart it on site-dev, as per David Crossley's suggestion.

And I came across a more detailed response to me regarding how Cocoon uses
Daisy:

  "The daisy install, as far as I understand it, is simply a way for us
  Cocoon developers to work easily on our XML-based doucmentation from
  a browser, rather than having to check-out, edit XML in "vi", check-
  in, and so on... From there, the documents are rendered using Cocoon/
  Forrest and will become our static web-site, so the pattern is quite
  different from Wikis.

> Consequently, Forrest and Lenya intend to work together. The Lenya folk
> say they can make lenya write to SVN on the back end, thus folk will be
> able to choose their tool.

That sounds great.  :-)

        --- Noel