Cool! A proposal that incorporates by reference is always quite hard
to read. Here's some links I personally found relevant...

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 04:04:16AM -0700, Recordon, David wrote:
> The project would start with Yadis [1] for URL/XRI-based service
> discovery, OpenID [2] for web based single-sign-on and the basis of
> exchanging profile data, and to create a desktop component with a
> standard look and feel, ideally working with the Open Source Identity
> Selector (OSIS) [3] project.

For the people wondering about the interaction between Yadis and OpenID:

  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2005-October/001534.html
  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2005-October/001525.html

(somewhat OT but nevertheless...For the people wondering about the
interaction between all this stuff and FOAF, see eg:

  http://wiki.www.videntity.org/wiki/Social_Networking_Unlimited
  http://lid.netmesh.org/wiki/LID_2.0_FOAF_Profile)

I wasn't able to quite figure out who/what OSIS "is" or where it "came" from
(the mailing lists are very new and don't have much traffic). What is OSIS,
and how is the question relevant?

> Initial Source
> ------------------

For the people wondering about all these different pieces of software and
if/how they fit, a sampling:

  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2006-January/002045.html

> Initial Committers

For some idea of the interactions between people and background to this
proposal:

  http://brad.livejournal.com/2226738.html
  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2006-June/002631.html

--

Besides all the legal worries one can think of, integrating all these
different technologies, communities, specifications and implementations

LSD