Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> In any case, the framework part seems just like what JBI impls like
> ServiceMix are doing and what JBI alternates like SCA (Tuscany) are
> doing. Since James is a mentor of this maybe he can explain the
> relationship (or lack thereof) between Celtixfire and ServiceMix. It
> would be great if Jeremy (or some other Tuscanite) could explain how
> this relates to Tuscany as well.

Dan Kulp has been involved in Tuscany for a while working on both the
SCA core and contributing a binding implementation that integrates with
Celtix. There are samples in Tuscany that illustrate how to use it and
at our JavaOne BOF we showed SCA assembly being used to switch Celtix
between web-service (specifically SOAP over HTTP) and XML over JMS
bindings (with Celtix using ActiveMQ under the cover). We also have a
webservice binding using Axis2 (and we used to have an Axis1 version as
well).

Given Dan's participation I would expect integration with Celtix to
continue - we support other bindings so, for example, I can see how
Celtix/Yoko integration may help with CORBA. Of course, other
participants have an interest in Axis so I would expect that to continue
as well.

One challenge we face for web-services in general though is support for
the "add-in" specs for things such as security, transactions, reliable
messaging and so on. I see from the proposal that CeltiXfire is already
using WSS4J - is there going to be more collaboration between the
communities in these areas?

--
Jeremy