On 6/21/06, Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, you should be on the other side like i was [1] or the tomcat
folks were and face it. I higly recommend it. it's depressing and
demoralizing to say the least.

Sure, it wouldn't be fun if my project were the target of his bile,
and I'd be probably be demoralized just like you said. But I think I
wouldn't take it too seriously either because it is only humor,
satiric writing in my eyes (Of course, I haven't been a target so my
standpoint would have to be tested in the real world.) And its not the
'problems' of the projects that he cites that I find funny anyways,
rather its the style of the bile, so I might even have a laugh when my
project would be trashed. But that may be just me.
(Btw, I don't know whether it's him anyway, because the name is
spelled differently.)

Anyway, I think it is important that we judge a person by what he does
rather than by what we think we know about him (and a satiric blog is
probably not a good source). If Hani would like to work within the
ASF, great, let him do so. And if the project then decides that he
does not get the ASF way and behaves similar to his writings on the
blog, then its the project call to decide whether they throw him out
IMHO.

But I don't think we should ban somebody in advance from becoming
involved in the ASF only because he made fun of us in his satiric
writing, even if in a rather unfriendly and cruel way.

cheers,
Tom