On 6/21/06, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For Derby we had a PPMC which was useful for personnel discussions. On
graduation responsbility was transferred to the DB PMC.

To me a ppmc for *each* incubator project sounds reasonable.

On Tuscany we don't have a PPMC or other private forum - we've added
committers so far based on adhoc discussions. I think that is
problematic as it provides no visibility to either the Incubator or
WebServices PMCs on how those decisions are being made.

-1 on that :)

I think it would be a good idea for every podling to have such a forum
so that the committers involved can become familiar with Apache's way
and so that the IPMC can perform its oversight role. This also provides
new committers with exposure to PMC responsibilities which is valuable
if the podling graduates into an existing project and essential if it
exits as a TLP.

yes.

--
Jeremy