IMHO, Anyone can say anything he/she wants on any forum. I just
checked my responses to the threads that i posted [1] and i don't see
me asking anyone to change any behavior. If i did, please accept my
apologies. After all, it's a free country.

thanks,
dims

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&w=2&r=1&s=hani&q=b

On 7/18/06, Craig L Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 18, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> since some members thinks that insulting our fellows
>>> is actually a great joke, and something one should
>>> be proud off, I'm fine.
>
>> Well, let me just say that once a project is within
>> the incubator, and someone is on the PPMC, things
>> become very different.
>
> William Rowe's response to him fairly well summed up the issue(s).
> I have
> relatively little concern regarding castigating projects for
> failings, even
> if the criticism could be expressed more constructively than
> acerbically.
> BUT we do not accept personal attacks, and will not tolerate them on
> someone's blog anymore than on a mailing list.

To get very specific, I understand that posting insults on Apache
mailing lists is forbidden.

But are you also saying that we expect him to:

no longer post insults regarding any topic on bileblog, or
no longer post insults regarding any Apache project on bileblog, or
no longer post insults regarding any Apache committer on bileblog, or
something else?

In other words, what limitations on his freedom of speech are we
requiring?

Craig

>> I have no hesitation at all regarding people and
>> podlings being removed if they don't get it.
>
> Hopefully, it has been made clear to him that blog entries that in
> his own
> words "degenerate into my usual personal insult comfort zone" will
> not be
> acceptable from here on out.  Since he has the ability to recognize
> that
> tendency in himself, then he should be expected to exercise some
> self-control rather than indulge himself.
>
> It would be a sad commentary if he had to be excluded because of an
> inability to curtail his self-described "random blathering that
> serves no
> particular purpose than ranting for ranting's sake."  Most people
> learn at
> least minimally appropriate self-control for their culture in social
> situations relatively earler in life than we see them at the ASF.
> So if the
> consenus is to have him participate, we will expect the Mentors to
> take any
> remedial action as necessary.
>
>       --- Noel

Craig Russell