Hi Martin,

For just a moment, I thought you were serious.

JavaBeans Activation Framework, 1999.
JavaBeans Drag and Drop, 1998.

If Glasgow were really a software name to be worried about, I think we might have heard more of it in the last 6 years...

Craig

On Jul 27, 2006, at 6:48 PM, Martin Cooper wrote:

On 7/27/06, Garrett Rooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/27/06, Carl Trieloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Garrett
>
> Some of us spoke about this at lunch. As Glasgow is part of the
> university name, "Glasgow Haskell"
> it should not present a conflict. In addition, our legal department has
> conducted a trademark search of
> the word "Glasgow" and come up with no software-related registrations.

I don't know, it still seems awfully close to me, when I hear the word
Glasgow in a software context that's the first thing I think of.

The first thing I think of is the JavaBeans spec.

"Glasgow - the code name for add-ins to the JavaBeans specification."

http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/faq/faq.schedule.html

--
Martin Cooper

-garrett