Garrett Rooney wrote:
<snip>
I'm sorry, but I have to vote -1 based on my new policy of rejecting
any potential podling that can't explain what it is that they do
within the first paragraph of the proposal.  I'm a fairly intelligent
person, but honestly I have no clue what "an architecture and software
framework for creating, discovering, composing and deploying a broad
range of multi-modal analysis capabilities" actually is, and I see
little potential for any project that's so bad at selling themselves
to actually grow a useful community.
<snip>

Garrett,

you're right. Others have noted that our opening paragraphs are not very clear. We did however follow up with more explanation that satisfied others on the list. Are you saying that these further explanations are still not clear, or that those explanations should go into the proposal itself (as opposed to a link from the Wiki)?

UIMA may not be the easiest thing in the world to explain, and I can accept that our proposal doesn't do a very good job. However, I do believe that we address an important problem and can make an interesting contribution to Apache. Making the first couple of paragraphs of the proposal more understandable should be a surmountable problem.

--Thilo