The OFBiz podling (PPMC and community) has reached a consensus internally approving the 4.0.0 TS3 test snapshot release. We are now requesting a vote for review and approval from the general Incubator group and the Incubator PMC.

The current incubation docs recommend doing this sort of "test snapshot" release, and it appears from recent conversations that this will most likely soon be required for all podlings nearing graduation. Based on our experience this has been a valuable exercise and it actually took us 3 tries to get to one internally approved in the podling community.

The intent of this "release" is not to be something that will be maintained over time or used be end-users of the project, and there is no branch for it in SVN. Our goal with this test snapshot release was to create an initial release process and make sure that all of the artifacts are in place as needed. This includes:

- all license headers and copyright notices in place (ASL2 headers)
- no remaining old copyright notices or headers
- NOTICE, LICENSE, KEYS, et cetera files in place
- test proper zip and tgz files, plus the md5 and asc files for each
- put README file and other such things in place to make it (hopefully) easy for an end user to run OOTB

Based on what has been established as part of this test snapshot experience we plan to do a real release (version 4.0.0) after graduation with a branch and such that will be maintained over time and that is meant to be used by end-users, but those (again) are not the intents of this test snapshot release.

The files for the release are available in my people.apache.org account, see the links below for detailed locations. There is also a wiki page describing the test snapshot release here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE

The wiki page for the proposed OFBiz release plan is here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/1wE

-David

http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS3.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz- incubating-4.0.0.TS3.zip.md5 http://people.apache.org/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz- incubating-4.0.0.TS3.zip.asc