Hi,

I have recently started to familiarize myself with release signing for the upcoming UIMA release. I have documented my experiences on our web site, for developers here:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/distribution.html (section "Signing a distribution")

and for users here:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.html#VerifyDownload

I would really appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than myself could give this a quick read and point out any glaring mistakes. It's really short ;-)

While I found good information on release signing on various Apache pages, I did not find corresponding information for users on what to do with the signature files. If anybody knows of such information, could you let me know so I can link to it from our pages. If there isn't, maybe what I wrote (after clean-up ;-) could be used as basis for a more general FAQ.

Note that I don't have anything on cross-signing of keys and web of trust yet, I hope to add something on that at a later date.

--Thilo