> Where does this leave a project that enters to the Incubator with a
> user community already? Further, where does this leave a project that
> has been in the Incubator long enough to have developed a user
> community?

I know the answer to the second question is graduation - but what
about the first one?

In the wicket case, which pretty much fits the profile of your first
question: release old code base artifacts outside of Apache using the
old, existing infrastructure (i.e. sf.net), make sure your user
community knows about the incubation process. I think JRoller those
the same.

And of course graduate. This can only be done by building a 'legal'
only release, which is currently under way for Wicket, and show
through that process that the developer community functions according
to the Apache standards. From what I have learnt perusing the
incubator list, succesfully getting a release through the IPMC is the
ticket out :-)

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!