Thanks Dan, indeed, as Tuscany is still under incubation, mirrors and other
things won't apply.
Did anybody ever created a script to parse the logs and provide totals ?

On 5/2/07, Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 18:43, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> The mirror system makes this an essentially unsolvable problem.  Not
> to mention the fact that you have no clue if people are actually
> getting the code from one of our mirrors at all, they could get it
> from a linux distribution, or any number of other repackagers.  On top
> of that, you can't correlate back to an individual person, so you
> don't know if you're getting one guy downloading it more than once
> because he's accidentally deleted it...

Except you forget one detail: incubator artifacts don't go to the mirror
system.   (Which, again, I think is silly.  Part of being in the
incubator is to learn about apache processes.   One of those should be
the mirror system.)

To answer the question: all the logs are available on
people.apache.org:/x1/logarchive/people
You can parse them an pull out any information you want.   Just keep in
mind that after you graduate, all warnings about the mirrors do apply,
so don't get used to having the download information.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer