As this seems to be an evolving Best Practice, I don't know that when
started a vote recently on two new committers for CXF that all of this was
apparent to me at the time. The current documentation at least
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html seems to indicate that we just
need a net positive of IPMC votes ("If the vote is positive...") and doesn't
seem to explicitly require a private vote*.

The current state of those votes are that we received 15 +1s for each
person, but none of the votes were from PMC members. I'm hoping that someone
can help me clarify what we should do next then. Specifically:
1. Do we need just a net positive of IPMC votes? Or 3 IPMC +1s?
2. We voted on the public list (the two committers both had great
contributions and I have/had no reason to think anyone would be -1 on them)
- even if thats not necessarily the best practice according to this document
(which we can maybe discuss in another thread) - I'm wondering what we
should do now. Should I put the [vote] to [EMAIL PROTECTED] still with some
descriptions of the things each individual has contributed and why we feel
they deserve commits?
3. Just to ensure I'm straight here - whoever sends in the account request
MUST be an IPMC member, right?

I have already pinged our mentors on the private cxf list, but didn't
receive any more votes yet, so I'm hoping we can get some guidance about
what to do next.
Thanks,

- Dan

* We've certainly done just public votes before and our mentors seemed ok
with it.