On 9/16/07, Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

I don't see a an unencumbered BouncyCastle distribution which is not
> encumbered.

Is there any reason we can't just make one? The license seems ok for that:
http://www.bouncycastle.org/licence.html. Is it just the one class in the
bouncycastle jar that has the IDEA algorithm:
org.bouncycastle.crypto.engines.IDEAEngine?

If we use some jar processor such as the shade-maven-plugin to strip out
that one class and create a new bcprov-no-idea-jdk15-136.jar and distribute
that would that solve this problem? Could even try to get that new jar
published in a repository somewhere so other projects can use it.

   ...ant