> Same here. I think a good way to address the "short way to committership"
> problem is to make sure people really committed consistently during the
> lifetime of the poddling when the project effectively graduates.

There's something to say for that, though I think you should take
activity on the mailing list and maybe other areas into account as
well. Someone can be a very irregular committer, but still be very
involved in other parts of the project such as supporting users and
writing documentation on WIKIs etc.

Eelco