Matthieu Riou wrote:

> Couldn't we setup a "retired projects" Jira project? Or a specific module in
> the Incubator project? If people have some interest on a retired podling,
> this would allow them to start posting patches. People with Incubator karma
> could apply the patches (I certainly would). If we notice more and more
> patches going to a single retired project, a new community could be formed.

The inquiries I've seen so far were not about patches. They were
of the "how to I get started" variety. We would need volunteers
(or good documentation) on how to get into a project to the point
where patches can be created.
Many projects that are alive and kicking don't have that kind of
documentation, I suspect that most podlings don't have it either.
You'd need people familiar with the podling to guide the newcomers.

Even so, having a place to post patches is a good idea.

cheers,
  Roland