Craig L Russell wrote:

On Feb 11, 2008, at 8:59 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

This is almost the exact same issue with a podling; if a user never actually
participates, as the project graduates should they remain a committer?

The difference is that committers in a TLP have been granted this privilege based on their merit, not just by updating a wiki page saying that they're interested.

Keep in mind that isn't universally true, some TLPs are more liberal or
flexible than others.  E.g. APR handed out commit bits to other project
committers, while in httpd it takes 6 mos or so of consistent contribution.

We already have the concept of emeritus members who, having contributed in the past, are no longer active. I'd like to leave it up to each PMC to decide whether or when to change the status of previous committers/PMC members.

+1 - and I feel it's the same w/ each podling.  It is truly their call
how to handle this based on how commit privs were granted in the first place.